Usually, it can result in serious troubles if you forgot Windows 7 password accidently. Of course, you are able to perform Windows 7 password recovery if you have created a password reset disk with a USB flash drive in advance. But the problem is that many users always forgot to create a password reset disk. Have you ever confronted from this dilemma and could do nothing with a Windows password reset disk?
In that case, you can create a bootable USB flash dive to reset Windows 7 password. Here shows you how to create a bootable USB flash drive to reset a forgotten or unknown Windows 7 password.
How to create a bootable USB drive?
To create a bootable USB flash drive to reset Windows 7 password, you need to find a third-party – Windows password reset tool. Here it is highly recommended you Windows Password Key Professional, safe and reliable Windows password recovery software to reset Windows 7 password usb in a few minutes.
* Step 1. Download and install Window Password Key Professional in any available computer.
* Step 2. Run it and insert a USB flash drive in computer.
* Step 3. Select your target account and click the Burn button to start burning an ISO image file to the USB drive.
* Step 4. Click Yes to confirm and continue your operation.
* Step 5. Click Ok when the burning task is completed.
* Step 6. Remove the USB flash drive from computer.
How to reset Windows password with bootable USB drive?
After that, you can use the burned USB flash drive to reset Windows password like this, just follow these steps:
* Step 1. Insert the bootable USB drive to the locked computer
* Step 2. Set the computer to boot from the USB flash drive.
* Step 3. Select your target user account in the user names list and click Reset button to start Windows 7 password recovery.
* Step 4. Click OK when the lost password is successfully reset. The computer will restart automatically. Please remove the USB flash drive from computer during rebooting.
* Step 5. Log on to computer without password.
Some Tips on Windows 7 Password Recovery
For security and convenience, it is better for you create a password reset disk when creating a Windows 7 password. It only takes you no more than 1 minute.
* 1. Click Start and select Control Panel.
* 2. Click User Accounts and Family Safety and then click User Accounts.
* 3. Click Create a password reset disk on the left-pane.
* 4. The forgotten password wizard will come up. Insert a USB flash drive in computer and then click Next to follow the wizard to create the password reset disk.
Once you enter a wrong password on the Windows logon screen, find the Password Reset option under the password box. Click it to pop up the password reset wizard and follow the guidance. Please remember to store the password disk in a safe place as everyone gets it in hand can reset your Windows 7 password through it easily.